The main attraction at Kinabalu National Park is none other than the majestic Mt. Kinabalu. Standing at 4,095.2M, it attracts thousands of leisure and pro climbers from all over the world every year, to challenge themselves for reaching the highest peak in South Sea Asia. Moreover, it is also the venue of the world renowned Annual Mt. Kinabalu International Climbathon, whereby the event is so exciting to mountaineers worldwide that the number of participants has been increasing each year.
Moreover, the scenery from the summit is like none the others! Photographers have swamped to the mountain terrains to capture the rainforest, the sunrise, the clouds, and the Milky Way with no light pollution on a clear day. All this is definitely worth your effort to do the climb and experience yourself of this natural wonders!
3D2N Package Schedule
- Meet on arrival (airport /hotel lobby)
- Proceed for 2 hours’ drive through scenic villages, valleys, and Crocker mountain ranges to Kinabalu Park.
- Check into the Park Hostel dorm room with bunk beds.
- Dinner and overnight at Park HQ
- Early morning starts after breakfast at Balsam Restaurant
- (0700hrs) Register at the Park HQ & meet your mountain guide
- Collect your packed lunch and proceed to Timpohon gate located 5KM away from the Park HQ.
- From Timpohon Gate, start your ascent to base camp accommodation at 3,300 meter.
- The trek will pass by different vegetation zones from Oak and Chestnut to mosses and eventually to alpine vegetation.
- Overnight in Laban Rata base camp accommodation.
- At night, in a clear sky, you’ll get to witness the beautiful milk way or shooting stars
- (0130hrs) Early morning start after light supper then ascent to the summit of Mt. Kinabalu (4092.5m) above sea level
- Upon reaching the summit (Low’s Peak) an opportunity to take photos on the highest point in South East Asia.
- If weather permits, you will see the magnificent sunrise over mountain ranges and valleys.
- Retrace route back to mountain rest house and onward descent to Timpohon Gate.
- Transport will take you back to Park HQ to collect your certificate of achievement.
- After lunch at Balsam Restaurant will transfer back to Kota Kinabalu city.
- End of Tour.
Things To Bring
Suitable walking/hiking shoes, warm clothing, windbreaker, long sleeves shirts, change of clothes, drinking water, high energy food (energy bars, chocolates, nuts or raisins, glucose), painkillers, sun block, lip gloss, deep heat lotion (for muscle ache), plasters, insect repellent, waterproof bag (for cameras, passports, important items), torchlight, extra socks, towel, gloves, tissue paper, or any other things you may see fit.
Package Rates include: Return Land transfer, 1-night accommodation at Park Hostel, 1-night accommodation at the base camp mountain hut, Climbing permit, Mt. Guide, conservation fee, entrance fee, insurance, Certificate, and meals as stated in the itinerary.
Package Rates exclude: Porter Fees [RM13/KG (min 10kg), Air Fare, Beverage, Tips, Video or Camera fees and items not mentioned in the itinerary.
Meals Code: Packed L = Packed Lunch, D = Dinner, S = Supper, B = Breakfast
REMARK: Due to limited slots on daily basis at Panar Laban base camp, we urge all climbers to make your booking 6 months before arrival to avoid all slots being sold.
More Info About Climbing Mountain Kinabalu.
- TOUR CODE : BBT 13C