The main attraction at Kinabalu National Park is none other than the majestic Mt. Kinabalu. Standing at 4,095.2M, it attracts thousands of leisure and pro climbers from all over the world every year, to challenge themselves for reaching the highest peak in South Sea Asia. Moreover, it is also the venue of the world renowned Annual Mt. Kinabalu International Climbathon, whereby the event is so exciting to mountaineers worldwide that the number of participants has been increasing each year.
Our 2D1N Climb Mount Kinabalu Schedule:
- Meet at hotel lobby at around 06:30-07:00hr and proceed through scenic village, valley and Crocker range drive to Kinabalu Park.
- Upon arrival, register at Park HQ, collect packed lunch, meet your mountain guide and transfer to Timpohon Gate to start the climb up to Laban Rata base camp at 3,300m.
- The trek will pass by different vegetation zones from Oak and Chestnut to mosses and eventually to alpine vegetation.
- At night, on a clear sky, you’ll get to witness the beautiful milk way or shooting stars.
- Dinner and overnight at Laban Rata base accommodation.
- 01:30hr Early start (01:30hrs) and light supper.
- 02:30hr start to hike up to the summit (Low’s Peak) with your mountain guide.
- Once reached, able to take photos of the magnificent sunrise over valleys and mountain ranges (If weather permit).
- Then descend from Low’s Peak to Laban Rata for breakfast.
- After breakfast, start to climb down to the Park HQ to collect your certificate of achievement.
- Lunch at Balsam Restaurant and return back to Kota Kinabalu city.
END OF TOUR
Things To Bring:
Suitable walking/hiking shoes, warm clothing, wind breaker, long sleeves shirts, change of clothes, drinking water, high energy food (energy bars, chocolates, nuts or raisins, glucose), painkillers, sun block, lip gloss, deep heat lotion (for muscle ache), plasters, insect repellent, waterproof bag (for cameras, passports, important items), head torch, extra socks, towel, gloves, tissue paper, or any other things you may see fit.
2D1N Package rates include:
Return Land transfer, 1 night accommodation at Laban Rata base camp, Climbing permit, Mt. Guide, Conservation Fee, Entrance Fee, Insurance, Certificate, and Meals as stated in the itinerary.
2D1N Package rates exclude:
Porter Fees [RM13/kg (min 10kg) , Air Fare, Beverage, Tips, Video or Camera fees and items not mentioned in the itinerary.
More Info About Climbing Mountain Kinabalu.
REMARK: Due to limited slots on daily basis at Panar Laban base camp, we urge all climbers to make your booking 6 months before arrival to avoid all slots being sold. Kindly be noted that this Climb Mount Kinabalu 2D1N Package 2019 is only available for booking 30 days before climb date, and subject to availability at the time.
- TOUR CODE : BBT 13B